Internet Spam Filter Information
As part of our ongoing attempt to provide you with the best possible Internet service, LakeNet Communications has made changes to the way incoming mail enters our server. Please take the time to read this important updated message as of 6/21/04.
Recently, LakeNet installed anti-spam software that will scan every incoming email. The original provider we used had some bugs/issues. Since we switched providers, the filter appears to be working as intended. In fact it works excellently! Virtually all SPAM has been eliminated. Email that matches certain spam criteria will be deleted.
Email subscription newsletters often match the criteria of spam. Pay close attention to your legitimate newsletters and see if you still receive them.
Thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you in the years to come.
Web Based Email
Away from your computer? You can still access your LakeNet email by going through our Web Mail server. Simply go to: http://webmail.lakenet.com, enter your username (email@example.com) and password, and your email will be there for you!
Internet News Group Information
To access our news groups, our NNTP server is: news.lakenet.com. We require you to log in, so use your full email address and email password (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hosting your website with LakeNet Communications allows you or your company to have an Internet presence without the costs related to maintaining a server on your own. We offer three different levels of website hosting for varying levels of need.
|Standard – Non Front Page||75 MB||5GB||10||$30||$50|
|Standard – Front Page||75 MB||5GB||10||$30||$50|
Website Hosting includes:
- Website at www.yourcompanyname.com
(Note: Having a personalized website address requires you to purchase your own domain name. This is not included in the basic dial-up package and has additional charges that apply. You can obtain the free web hosting for the following address: www.lakenet.com/~yourname.com)
- DNS hosting
- Personalized email (email@example.com)
- Available disk space for your website that includes log files and email accounts. Additional disk space available.
- Additional Website Traffic is $6 per GB per month.
- FTP site at ftp.yourcompanyname.com*
- Your own CGI directory for advanced website design*
- Use Perl, PHP, C, C++ on your site.*
- Detailed web usage statistics and graphs (including access to all raw log files).
- Mailing lists and web-based discussion groups available.
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Encryption available. ($100 Setup and $25 per month. Digital certificate from Verisign, Thawte, or GeoTrust required.)
* Not available with Basic Website Hosting
Note: Website Hosting does not include dial-up access.